SOLD Waltworks 29er Size Small / 3x8 XT-LX / Hope hubs / Avid SD-7

Mr.Moto

For sale is a Waltworks 29er steel frame complete bike.

It was built up for my SO probably about 10 years ago. She is a casual fire road rider so the bike did not get significant use. I bought the frame direct from Waltworks. Walt had custom built this frame for someone named Sarah and then later put it up for sale. It had been used but he added V-brake mounts and re-powdercoated it. When I got it, it looked pretty much new. I had built it up with the following:

Waltworks steel 29er frame with V and disc brake mounts, powdercoated red (looks more orange in pics)
Handbuilt wheels with Hope disc hubs, Wheelsmith DB spokes and Velocity Dyad rims (can be run with V or disc brakes)
3x8 Drivetrain with XT and LX components
Avid SD-7 V-brakes and levers. (The bike is disc ready, but I had built it with V-brakes)
Marzocchi Bomber 80mm fork
WTB Nanorapter tires
Thomson stem
On-One Mary bar

What Walt says about the frame:
Sarah’s 29er frame. This sucker needs a repaint, which is included in the price. Any color you want! This will fit smaller riders (5’6 to 5’9 or so) but you’ll need to have reasonably small feet if you want to make sure to avoid toe overlap - contact me if you have questions and we can figure out if you’ll fit well. It’s designed for a rider+gear weighing around 150 pounds. Lifetime warranty included.

Geometry: 71 degree head tube, 73 degree seat tube, 23” toptube, 14” seat tube (center-center), 70mm bottom bracket drop, suspension corrected for 80mm (this frame was built pre-Rebas - it will NOT clear a Reba poploc at the downtube!), 440mm chainstay length, disc only, full cable stops, breezer dropouts, frame weight 4 pounds. Takes 26.8 seatpost. Generous clearance for an Exiwolf.

Sarah is 5’7 w/ 32” inseam
Size 39 shoe will clear wheel with 38mm offset
Marzocchi has a 43mm offset
BB: 68 x 113
Seatpost: 26.8mm
Fr. Der.: 28.6 TP TS

A shorter seatpost and different saddle has been installed since these pictures. Other than some minor scuffs and a bit of chainsuck (seen on the drivetrain pic), this bike is in great condition. No dents. Can be set up with disc brakes by just adding discs and mechanical calipers (and new cables of course). Use as a mountain bike. Set it up with a rigid fork. Run it cross. Run it on the road.

Asking $500.

IMG_2023.JPG
IMG_2028.JPG

IMG_2043.JPG

IMG_2026.JPG

IMG_2044.JPG

Last edited:
Top Bottom