TLD 2017. Who's in?

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I have a feeling the pine barrens will suck as much as the second half of a 24 hour race.

I just did 8 hours of the route 2 weekends ago. South of Allentown (100-Mile mark) to Atlantic County is the worst riding you'll ever do in your life. You basically ride on the side of a pancake flat, straight, highway with Pine Trees everywhere and diesel pickup trucks driving by at 80mph. No shade. Nowhere to get supplies. The suck.

xc62701

I just did 8 hours of the route 2 weekends ago. South of Allentown (100-Mile mark) to Atlantic County is the worst riding you'll ever do in your life. You basically ride on the side of a pancake flat, straight, highway with Pine Trees everywhere and diesel pickup trucks driving by at 80mph. No shade. Nowhere to get supplies. The suck.

And you did it again because...?

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
I am new to this whole distance thing but I like it. I did TLD last year and raced and won kittatinny the next week. I then did wilderness and felt great and did mt creek the next day to salvage points and got 3rd. After that I bonked for a while...still not quite back to where I was.

Steve Vai

If anyone is interested, I also put the NJ Rando shedule in my calendar. The events range from 200-600K. First 2 are in April and are 200k.

Ian F

Might be interested if I can fit it into my increasingly filled schedule. Plus, I'll need to see how well I survive HoH next month - especially if I do that ride to/from my house in PA (~140 miles total). I have enough experience riding in SNJ that the long expanses of straight, flat roads won't surprise me. The first century I ever did was the OCSJ Beast of the East some 25 years ago.

Steve Vai

Did you make an NJ circumference route yet?

15665450_10211580096719968_4875376756373854214_n.jpg

Last edited:

Ian F

Did you look at the 600k Route? Sweet jesus.

No shit. I can't imagine ever getting to where I can ride that far in one sitting. Leg #1 is just nuts. 217 miles and 11488' of climbing. Only to get back to the start point and do another 157 miles with merely 3394' of climbing. :confused:

Top Bottom