50 mile Chimney Rock Ride

Pklimovich

I almost did everything. last June. it was pretty fun had a couple of guys meet with me to help keep it motivating. it did get kinda boring though. but the comments alone made it worth it

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161210-000653.jpg
    Screenshot_20161210-000653.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 145

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Nice, did Tony ride wif you?

Would u do again or is this one and done just to defy rational thinking?
I think I'm going to 2nd life bikes Wednesday, if you go I'll bring you a miller high lyffe.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Nice, did Tony ride wif you?

Would u do again or is this one and done just to defy rational thinking?
I think I'm going to 2nd life bikes Wednesday, if you go I'll bring you a miller high lyffe.
I would like to ride the entire park again in both directions(maybe 35-40 miles?) and then link it to six mile but I don't know how. It wasn't that difficult on the legs, it was more that I chose rigid so the upper body took a beating. I did a couple trails multiple times like blue, red and the guardrail side of yellow. It was fun for me, I didn't push, paced myself and ate food. I think I could do it under 5:45ish on a good day.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
If your spending that much time why the hell not go to a park that doesn't repeat trails. As much of giving kudos it seems ridiculous to put that kind of effort in such a small park when a short drive can put in 50+ of continuous trails. Call me crazy.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
If your spending that much time why the hell not go to a park that doesn't repeat trails. As much of giving kudos it seems ridiculous to put that kind of effort in such a small park when a short drive can put in 50+ of continuous trails. Call me crazy.
Cr is 35 min away, any of the big parks are minimum 1:15 away. Extra 1:20 when kids and fam are waiting is tough. I enjoy CR btw. I rarely see the northerners coming down south to ride. It's easy to say when you live up north or have @pooriggy 's flexhours. Next ride will be 75 or 100 at hart n huber plus a few small parks close by.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I would like to ride the entire park again in both directions(maybe 35-40 miles?) and then link it to six mile but I don't know how. It wasn't that difficult on the legs, it was more that I chose rigid so the upper body took a beating. I did a couple trails multiple times like blue, red and the guardrail side of yellow. It was fun for me, I didn't push, paced myself and ate food. I think I could do it under 5:45ish on a good day.

With rigid, I find CR harder on the upper body/hands than the trails up North. So many babyheads and jarring my dentures almost fell out.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
There's a couple ways to connect to 6 mile. I normally pop out of the backside of yellow, go across Vosseler, and take that road out to Mountain. Mountain all the way into Bound Brook. Left. Under the train tracks. Over the Raritan. Right onto the D&R. Unless you need snacks, then take Vosseler because there's a Quick Chek at the bottom.

TLD route goes around Chimney Rock and up Finderne into Manville. That way is all road.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
jim what would you think would be good challengs. one you haven't done but maybe been thinking of

I want to do a Century at Mooch. That's the only thing in NJ still on my bucket list. I've done it during the 24 hour races there on a single repeated loop, but I want to hit everything in all the parks.

Other than that, nothing. That's why I travel across the country to race. Doing loops bores the fuck out of me now. I have ADD and can't look at the same rock in the same ride.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
Show them a mooch triple!

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
I want to do a Century at Mooch. That's the only thing in NJ still on my bucket list. I've done it during the 24 hour races there on a single repeated loop, but I want to hit everything in all the parks.

Other than that, nothing. That's why I travel across the country to race. Doing loops bores the fuck out of me now. I have ADD and can't look at the same rock in the same ride.
Let'sarrange this.

Top Bottom