Night rides at 6-mile?

I think technically you can't ride any parks legally at night, with the exception of Nassau maybe?
So of course that means that no riding at night occurs.:rolleyes:
Wonder who is buying all of those fancy new bike lights then?:shrug:

Dickerson Mine had a recurring legal night ride. Not sure if that is still happening.

I know Wawayanda is open 8 AM to 6 PM, so sunset is 4:47, leaving an hour night ride. Ha!
Jungle has night rides too, legal, I don't know, never did it.

Last edited:
Dickerson Mine had a recurring legal night ride. Not sure if that is still happening.
It is legal to do night rides at Dickerson Mine. In fact I think Marty's do night rides there. This revelation is new to me which lead me to ask about 6-Mile. So while it may be obvious to some it may not be that obvious to others. However, I did suspect that it may be illegal to do night rides at 6-Mile but I just wanted to be sure since I didn't know about Dickerson Mine.

We did a night ride a couple of weeks ago and we're about to do another one there tomorrow night.

Assuming Marty's has the chainring I need and can install it tomorrow afternoon, then I'll be riding Dickerson Mine tomorrow as well. Let me know when you guys are getting started and I'll try to join if that's cool.

It is not allowed.
C'mon, you really had to ask? :D
68Q0T4R.gif

Assuming Marty's has the chainring I need and can install it tomorrow afternoon, then I'll be riding Dickerson Mine tomorrow as well. Let me know when you guys are getting started and I'll try to join if that's cool.
Sure. We usually have wheels down at 4:45 or as soon as everyone shows up, which over comes first. We park at the Black River Park lot on the east end of Main St. behind Suburban Furniture. We're riding fat bikes so if you're riding a skinny plan to wait for us.

Sure. We usually have wheels down at 4:45 or as soon as everyone shows up, which over comes first. We park at the Black River Park lot on the east end of Main St. behind Suburban Furniture. We're riding fat bikes so if you're riding a skinny plan to wait for us.

Sounds good. I'm rolling fat too, but I'm slow on all tire sizes so it wouldn't matter much.

I'd love to join as ive never been to Dickerson Mine. This is a Marty's bike shop ride at 4:45? Can I join too? Just to verify, I'll map to a parking lot behind Suburban Furniture? What town? Thanks!

I'd love to join as ive never been to Dickerson Mine. This is a Marty's bike shop ride at 4:45? Can I join too? Just to verify, I'll map to a parking lot behind Suburban Furniture? What town? Thanks!
This is not a Marty's ride. This is just a few fat old dudes trying to justify their fat bike and mountain bike light purchases. I think the town is either Succasunna or Roxbury. I'm not sure.

Marty's has the chainring I need but probably can't get it swapped for me on the spot today, so it looks like I'm out for the ride.

This is not a Marty's ride. This is just a few fat old dudes trying to justify their fat bike and mountain bike light purchases. I think the town is either Succasunna or Roxbury. I'm not sure.

Tony, gotcha. Well still would love to join, as a young dude wanting to justify his bike light purchases.

This is the meet location? Parking lot behind Suburban Furniture... CLICK HERE

Evan; the parking lot is right on Main Street which is the road behind the furniture store. You can't miss it...it's right there once you make the right off of Rt. 10 onto Main Street. It's small....approximately 20 spots or so.

Back
Top Bottom