Saddle. Bontrager montrose elite ti
Brakes. SRAM guide ultimate
Rotors. Ashima on all wheels
Cranks. Race face next sl
Shifter sram xx1
Der. SRAM gx 1
Wheels. Jackolope 27.5 w hodags and gx cassette
Alex blizzerk 90 with jackalope hubs and jumbo Jim 4.8 tires with xo1 cassette
Wtb scraper 45 29+ rims with jackalope hubs and wtb ranger 3" tires with gx cassette

Wheels are all set up with same hubs so spacing is identical to swap wheels quick and easy.

Bike is all tuned and ready to go. $3000 gets it all.

Attachments

• IMG_0619.JPG
    IMG_0619.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_0617.JPG
    IMG_0617.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 250

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
That's a pretty damn good deal
What's it weigh from smallest wheel to fattest?

CycleBoy

Sussex Bike and Sport
Shop Keep
okay...
23lbs 2 ounces with 29 x 3.0
25lbs 10 ounces with 27.5 x 3.8
25lbs 2 ounces with 26 x 4.8

Note... 29er wheels have xo1 cassette. move it over to any other wheelset and take off another 4 ounces

pkovo

Really great looking well put together rig. That said, how did you like the 27.5 plus and 29 plus wheels? Which was your preference for "good" summer trail conditions?

Sorry if its not cool to ask in a classified thread, but curiosity is taking over.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I want to test ride this Pete
I haven't stopped thinking about this and how it can fit into my N+1.

CycleBoy

Sussex Bike and Sport
Shop Keep
sure thing Matty- come on by, take it for a couple days if you like. You know where I'm at.

CycleBoy

Sussex Bike and Sport
Shop Keep
Really great looking well put together rig. That said, how did you like the 27.5 plus and 29 plus wheels? Which was your preference for "good" summer trail conditions?

Sorry if its not cool to ask in a classified thread, but curiosity is taking over.

So... I spent most of my time on the 26" setup, even raced them this year. There is just something really fun about the big fat setup. That being said, it does handle better with 27.5 wheels. When you drop the pressure in the fatties, they tend to get a little "squirrelly" and you have to muscle them around a little bit. Not so with the 27.5 wheels.

The intention of the 29+ was to be the good summer setup, but I only have two rides on them at the moment(have only taken them on the rail trail.) They are very fast, just wants to keep rolling. I used to have a Trek Stache, so I'm familiar with 29+ setup and what to expect. What I will tell you is that when I put them in the Farley, I had to work on my wheelies again. Even with the sliding dropout all the way forward, the stays are still longer than that of the Stache.

I currently own a Trek Stache once again, but I set it up with 27.5 plus wheels and a 140mm fork. Thus, with the two bikes, I had pretty much every size covered.

pkovo

So... I spent most of my time on the 26" setup, even raced them this year. There is just something really fun about the big fat setup. That being said, it does handle better with 27.5 wheels. When you drop the pressure in the fatties, they tend to get a little "squirrelly" and you have to muscle them around a little bit. Not so with the 27.5 wheels.

The intention of the 29+ was to be the good summer setup, but I only have two rides on them at the moment(have only taken them on the rail trail.) They are very fast, just wants to keep rolling. I used to have a Trek Stache, so I'm familiar with 29+ setup and what to expect. What I will tell you is that when I put them in the Farley, I had to work on my wheelies again. Even with the sliding dropout all the way forward, the stays are still longer than that of the Stache.

I currently own a Trek Stache once again, but I set it up with 27.5 plus wheels and a 140mm fork. Thus, with the two bikes, I had pretty much every size covered.

Thanks for this info, truly appreciated. I've been riding a fat bike for most of the past year, and lately have gotten the itch to try plus wheels. Trying to weigh out buying wheels for the existing rig, or just jumping in and buying another bike. This info is very helpful.

If your bike was the right size for me, I would probably be breaking up with my current fatbike. GLWS

Top Bottom