trump vs hillary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s stop talking about global warming, because whatever you believe in, it’s a no-win scenario. If you believe that it’s naturally occurring (because the Earth never really warmed or cooled, ever, over the course of its history, right?), there’s nothing we can do about it. If you believe its man-made, there’s nothing you we can do about. No legislation, or Elon Musk, will stop it. With the Earth’s population expanding the way it is, good luck with that. I’d say don’t buy an beach-front real estate that you plan on keeping in the family.

Let’s stop talking about global warming, because whatever you believe in, it’s a no-win scenario. If you believe that it’s naturally occurring (because the Earth never really warmed or cooled, ever, over the course of its history, right?), there’s nothing we can do about it. If you believe its man-made, there’s nothing you we can do about. No legislation, or Elon Musk, will stop it. With the Earth’s population expanding the way it is, good luck with that. I’d say don’t buy an beach-front real estate that you plan on keeping in the family.
.....wow.....

i guess we shouldn't worry about our debt, or any problem for that matter then too.

guess-ill-just-sua94n.jpg

I'm sure most of this stuff is known by everybody but it's a good refresher on the man that claims he'll MAGA.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/09/donald-trump-scandals/474726/

Yes, and on the flipside...the number of clinton scandals is mind blowing. Just the sexual assault, harassment and rape scandals with Bill Clinton.....Meantime Cosby is out there doing perp walks.

I loved one of hillarys recent tweets

"Every survivor of sexual assault deserves to be heard, believed, and supported"

And im going to reward Bill with the white house again? RLOL!!! Never ever, I would write in @Norm first.

i guess we shouldn't worry about our debt, or any problem for that matter then too.

guess-ill-just-sua94n.jpg

We're at 7.5 billion now and we're running out of space, and some of the developing world markets (with very little environmental controls) are on the verge of rapid growth. Projection is 10 billion by 2050. All these people need food, power, transportation. Where's it gonna come from? And they don't give a suit what the US or he UN have to say.

Someone needs to find out how to harness universal free energy.

Sad how many people have been taken in by Fox News and their miss information. My father always said that if the average IQ is suppose to be 100, how many people are above and how many people are below average to meet that number? Here are a couple questions to help you find out if you are above or below 100 IQ.

Fox loves to say "this" and "that" is effected by the liberal media when some fact pops up that goes against their view .....
Fact.....98% of all mass media that you can see, read and hear is owned by multi national corporations ( including Fox News).

Question 1: Are multi national corporations Liberal?
Question 2: Would A multi national corporation want to promote a liberal agenda that would effect their bottom line?
Question 3: Has Donald Trump shown any interest in helping people out side his family and friends over his 70 years on this planet?

If you replied "yes" to any of the above questions, you are below 100 IQ points and should go back to licking windows. :rolleyes:

than there has to be a great number on the low end of that

Two big reasons to vote for Trump are:
1) The Economy,
2) Safety / Boarder security and Immigration reform.

1) The Economy.

Clinton wants to increase taxes on the Middle class and corporations and small businesses. Clinton also said she is going to put the coal miners out of work. Trump proposes to decrease corporate taxes. As the employees essentially pay the corporate taxes, a corporate tax decrease means higher salaries for employees. Also, companies would hire more employees which would pay taxes into what would be a larger tax base. Also, lowering income taxes means more money in everyone's pocket to spend on the economy. Don't forget all the taxes we are all paying for obamacare.

2) Safety i.e Boarder security and Immigration reform.

Terrorists said that they will infiltrate the USA next thru the refugee population. Obviously they can/will do it thru the porous southern boarder too.

1) No problem putting coal miners out of work. I don't cry for all of the livery drivers that lost their jobs because of cars. I don't mourn the telephone operators that lost their jobs through automation. A decrease in a corporate tax means more income for shareholders, not employees. Hiring decisions have nothing to do with tax rates. If a business owner can increase production, revenue, and profit they will hire. Hiring also occurs due to regulatory needs (e.g. safety inspectors). No one hires because they have extra money that they don't know what to do with.

2) Close the borders and you'll still have homegrown terrorists. Close the borders and terrorists will just fly into the country on an airplane. This may be harsh, but we all need to learn to live with a little risk. You have a 0.0001% chance of being killed by a terrorist this year (based on total US deaths due to terrorism since 2000). Remove 9/11 and you have a 0.000001% chance of being killed by a terrorist. If that still scares you, stop driving, stop riding trains, stop riding your bike, stop eating food because it may contain ecoli, stop going outside because of lightening strikes, stop going to the beach, stop leaving your house. Of course, if you stop all of those things, your sedentary lifestyle will kill you before a terrorist does.

Also, consider that the hatred and distrust that Trump will sow around the world will actually increase the number of people willing to become terrorists.

@jackx

My problem with your economy scenario is twofold. The first is that things work out like you say. I don't think either of us can say that it will or will not happen like that. Things are usually much more complex. But that's sort of a bottomless well of an argument. So let's just assume that it would play out like you say.

That leads to the second real issue I see which is that any influx of cash to any publicly traded company would be a one-time deal. For one year, companies would show a wonderful profit and the stockholders would be smitten. Then the next year, there would not be a similar influx of cash. The way that the stock market works is that investors want to see your rate of growth keep going up. Aside from the fact that this is mathematically impossible, it is a shitty model and is why this would stand as a one-time injection of money. My guess is that in 2 years everything would be back to the status quo, none of the industry would have moved back to the US, and in the end you have executives that make even more bonus money than they did before.

Apologies -> I don't have a counter solution to balance your suggestion/point. I know my reply is just bashing an idea and I dislike when people do that. I confess ignorance on the nuances of this discussion so forgive me for just shooting holes in the theory without offering anything positive in return.

@Norm. You may definitely be right about how the scenario would play out. I could totally see that happening. I don't think your reply is bashing, but rather a delineation of a very potential realistic outcome.

Ideally, when the corporations repatriate their capital, they would invest it in new US-based facilities, factories etc, and not just record capital as a one-time event. Hopefully the capital would lead to greater investments in Research and Development, including additional jobs for the R&D, investments in the US locations and employees.

Sad how many people have been taken in by Fox News and their miss information. My father always said that if the average IQ is suppose to be 100, how many people are above and how many people are below average to meet that number? Here are a couple questions to help you find out if you are above or below 100 IQ.

Fox loves to say "this" and "that" is effected by the liberal media when some fact pops up that goes against their view .....
Fact.....98% of all mass media that you can see, read and hear is owned by multi national corporations ( including Fox News).

Question 1: Are multi national corporations Liberal?
Question 2: Would A multi national corporation want to promote a liberal agenda that would effect their bottom line?
Question 3: Has Donald Trump shown any interest in helping people out side his family and friends over his 70 years on this planet?

If you replied "yes" to any of the above questions, you are below 100 IQ points and should go back to licking windows. :rolleyes:

than there has to be a great number on the low end of that
Such tolerance from the left. congrats on being the first person in this thread to start name calling. if you continue to name call and be the lowest common denominator I'll take action. I was enjoying the civility in this thread until your post. Congrats on sinking to that low.

So what's the deal with Trump not releasing his tax returns? Why break precedent? As a business mogul surely he has his books in order. Proving how legit he is would silence a strong argument critics keeping throwing at him and bolster his credibility. What gives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom