High Mountain Group Rides

Mr.Moto

Nice. I'll have to see if I can make this ride. Just found Rambler the other night by accident.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I won't be able to make it, but anyone that has never been to High Mountain, or anyone that's been there and thought it sucked should definitely show up to this ride. I was there tonight checking out some "new to me" stuff, and it was killer! Bring your love of rocks and climbs.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
I am a maybe for this. I now work at Toys R Us corporate headquarters so i really gotta learn this place.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I am a maybe for this. I now work at Toys R Us corporate headquarters so i really gotta learn this place.

You should learn the trails and then give @sarcaro a tour. All the good singletrack that this ride will hit is on the opposite side of High Mountain from where you work, but it's just a short drive away. You could also do some exploring on your side though, as there are trails there too.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
There is an entrance to HM on Berdan... but it's the blue trail and not much is there.

Btw... is TRU hiring? :)

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
There is an entrance to HM on Berdan... but it's the blue trail and not much is there.

Yeah, I just explored that side of the park for the first time a few weeks ago. The blue loop was pretty fun, but all the good stuff is on the other side. If I worked at TRU, I would figure out a nice hour loop from the office, and I would ride that on my lunch break on days when I didn't have time to ride after work. Other days I would drive to either the Reservoir Dr circle or WPU and do a loop on all the sweet singletrack. I'm available for tours as well if Saturday doesn't work. The days are getting shorter and you can legally park at the WPU trailhead lot til 10pm, and presumably no restriction on the circle parking, just saying.

gmb3

JORBA.ORG

Btw... is TRU hiring? :)
TRU is always hiring, check their website. If you see something you like, i can submit your resume directly, and then if you're hired i get ca$h that i will gladly split with you!

gmb3

JORBA.ORG
Yeah, I just explored that side of the park for the first time a few weeks ago. The blue loop was pretty fun, but all the good stuff is on the other side. If I worked at TRU, I would figure out a nice hour loop from the office, and I would ride that on my lunch break on days when I didn't have time to ride after work. Other days I would drive to either the Reservoir Dr circle or WPU and do a loop on all the sweet singletrack. I'm available for tours as well if Saturday doesn't work. The days are getting shorter and you can legally park at the WPU trailhead lot til 10pm, and presumably no restriction on the circle parking, just saying.
Thanks for the info and offer for a tour. I may take you up on that someday.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Blue loop is definitely easy access from TRU. I haven't been out there in a while but I just remember lots of overgrowth.

TRU is always hiring, check their website. If you see something you like, i can submit your resume directly, and then if you're hired i get ca$h that i will gladly split with you!
Unfortunately I'm in the wrong field but jealous you work there. I ride thru Berdan and pass by TRU on most of my road rides. It would be a commuting dream for me lol

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Blue loop is definitely easy access from TRU. I haven't been out there in a while but I just remember lots of overgrowth.

It was fine a few weeks ago, but we only rode half of it. It's amazing how much potential there is for this park. All of the stuff we normally ride is in such a small part of it.

gmb3

JORBA.ORG
Ok, definitely in for tomorrow. White Subaru, black&blue Trance.

~George

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
It was fine a few weeks ago, but we only rode half of it. It's amazing how much potential there is for this park. All of the stuff we normally ride is in such a small part of it.
Was this your HM to Ringwood ride? That was just awesome!
I could be wrong but I think you rode closer to the residential side on the west side. I am sure you already know this but you can make 2 loops within Blue... a small one and a bit larger one. I've done the smaller loop and on the east side.... I don't think anyone's really been there in a while. It could be a nice little project for someone :)

Actually... I might ride out there soon just to check it out again.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Was this your HM to Ringwood ride? That was just awesome!
I could be wrong but I think you rode closer to the residential side on the west side. I am sure you already know this but you can make 2 loops within Blue... a small one and a bit larger one. I've done the smaller loop and on the east side.... I don't think anyone's really been there in a while. It could be a nice little project for someone :)

Actually... I might ride out there soon just to check it out again.

Yeah. I don't actually know anything about that side of high mountain. I just followed Steve and Alex's ride through there. Unlimited potential though.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
If you guys see an Asian guy huffing and puffing and going real slow... please dont run me over!lol

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions