Water Company Trails Conditions

Big Al

It's near Lambertville. Here's a map.
Water Company.jpg

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hey folks. if you're riding in from Rock rd (Lambertville side), The blue trail from the power lines to the field is a swamp right now. Well, Technically it is literally swamp. If you look at my map above, you'll see an orange "proposed reroute" This reroute is in place and has been for some time. Lets start using this more. It's higher and drier. If you follow the power lines for 15 seconds you'll see it.

I have a new map in the works, that orange bypass will be updated as part of the blue trail.

Also, Please do not put sticks over puddles.

PS. This weekend is Shad Fest. Lambertville is going to be a shit show.

Last edited:

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
This place sspeeding??? Fun or hardwork? I'm up for either just want to know what I'm in for

I typically don't ride my SS there. No reason, just don't. but yea, SS is fine. There ain't much climbing. Some of the dudes I ride with there ride SS hardtails.

This computer always wants to autocorrect hardtail to hardball.

njriverrat

It's getting pretty overgrown back there. It really needs a good bit of trimming Is their any trail maintenance planned?

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
It's getting pretty overgrown back there. It really needs a good bit of trimming Is their any trail maintenance planned?

Hey sorry, I just noticed your question.

TM sessions were halted this spring. Our conversation with the state is ongoing and until there is a firm resolution, there will be no TM's at this time. We are hoping to resume trailwork in the fall. Doesn't help with the overgrowth, I know.

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
image.jpg
@pearl , larry and myself were up in WC Tonight. Place is surprisingly dry considering the torrent of water that came through yesterday. There are fallen trees and debris EVERYWHERE however.

Heading in this weekend with a small group to take care of all the bullshit.

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Unfortunately the tree removal party got rained out this weekend. Magical trail fairies will likely head in this Wednesday to make some of those trees disappear. Also the park is under water. Lets give it some time to dry out.

michael.su

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Unfortunately the tree removal party got rained out this weekend. Magical trail fairies will likely head in this Wednesday to make some of those trees disappear. Also the park is under water. Lets give it some time to dry out.
How does it look over there? Did you guys get dumped on with the storms yesterday?

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
How does it look over there? Did you guys get dumped on with the storms yesterday?

Most of the trees have been taken care of. It's pretty clear now. Yes we got dumped on. The cell just sat on top of this area and keep pulling energy from gnar.

Haven't gone in the woods today, I opted for the river :) Might be a little damp but rideable.

michael.su

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Most of the trees have been taken care of. It's pretty clear now. Yes we got dumped on. The cell just sat on top of this area and keep pulling energy from gnar.

Haven't gone in the woods today, I opted for the river :) Might be a little damp but rideable.
Thanks man.

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
We were up in there last night. @pearl drove all the way up from NC just to ride rocks. Dave Wells (AKA Joe Mamma) on pushup patrol in the distance.

Trails are mostly dry. Downed trees have been removed. Although there are a few low hanging ones that still need to be taken care of.

Good clean fun.

13906592_10210119277355407_8469020021171745900_n.jpg

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions