Un-official Otto's Cyclocross Practice Thread

BiknBen

Rename thread to "Official MTBNJ cross practice" as Otto's hasn't been mentioned since the first post.

Dan

I will start setting up the course for otto's on Wednesday 8/26. Course should be up by 5:30 and we will start at 6:00. Two 20-25 minute races with a short break between. If daylight allows we could do a shorter third race. We go rain or shine but check here first for any changes because of bad weather.
Remember its a open park not a closed race course keep your head up and be nice to walkers and bird watchers.

The Heckler

You bring new meaning to the term SUCK
I think we should do it on Tuesdays. We already have a team-led ride on Thursday at CR so there's no need to interfere with that.

I need some set of people to come out for next Tuesday and help work out the details and such. Maybe 5-10 of us to get things off the ground before we say it's open to the public? Who can go?

On that note what do we need? I have a set of PVC barriers. But I don't think I have any stakes.
I'm in for this if you're still planning on it. What time?

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Especially bird watchers. We're kinda idiots about stuff that isn't birds.

Indigo Bunting - v. cool bird. (in PA a couple days back)

IMG_3373.JPG

we could just show up @Dan 's house....

-YETI-

Hey gents, is this open to anyone? Would be great to tag along and get some race fitness before Granogue.

Thanks

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
I will not be attending tonight, but I'm sure I will be at every other one... rip it up!

BiknBen

I'll be there with numerous people. Warmup before 6pm. One lap tour starts at 6pm or thereabouts. Then a couple 15-20 minutes races. Some people go out for a third but the number dwindle as people suffer.

vlkslvr

Got there only a few minutes before 6 so missed the course preview but had a blast last night. Course layout was entertaining and challenging. Was having a really good session 2 till I pinch flatted my front tire on the first brook crossing 2.5 laps in.

Great time out there and looking forward to coming back for some more pain.

dnap

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thanks for doing these practices Dan. This was my first one here and it is a challenging course that is great for working on skills. A little bit of everything. Good stuff!

Top Bottom