Sourlands Mountain Preserve Conditions

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
i read that the sourlands were in decent shape recently - but we also got rain last night - anyone have any idea of the conditions for saturday or sunday (3/15 - 3/16)?

i am thinking of getting a ride in around 9 am. i was looking for a technical ride, but i dont want to jump the gun on the trails being ready...

F

FallGirl1430

i read that the sourlands were in decent shape recently - but we also got rain last night - anyone have any idea of the conditions for saturday or sunday (3/15 - 3/16)?

i am thinking of getting a ride in around 9 am. i was looking for a technical ride, but i dont want to jump the gun on the trails being ready...

Tommy and I rode there the other day and I thought it was is very good shape, all things considered. There were a few muddy sections that we rode around, all in all a good ride,

Fallgirl ...:)

warcricket

Like a Jerk
i'm planing on going today just to climb up the pipeline and ride down it. i'll post conditions if i go.

i went today and its pretty dry up top but there are a few puddles lower down. riding the pipeline was crazy! i bombed it and got at least 40 mph going down. :getsome:

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
did 3.5 there today i rolled the dice and the place was in good condition...i need to get rid of these allaire legs i havent been on rocks or mountains in months due to the weather...i now know when you say tech you mean rock...some spots are real hard i liked it though i just need the tour with a slow roller like me...

clarkenstein

JORBA.ORG
did 3.5 there today i rolled the dice and the place was in good condition...i need to get rid of these allaire legs i havent been on rocks or mountains in months due to the weather...i now know when you say tech you mean rock...some spots are real hard i liked it though i just need the tour with a slow roller like me...

well if its in good shape - sunday it'll be better. you up for a sunday ride in the morning around 9 - 9:30?

warcricket

Like a Jerk
conditions are great! but i hear its supposed to snow tonight...

fyi: there was a flyer up for a bouldering clinic/maintenance on November 1

clarkenstein

JORBA.ORG
sweet - let's watch el-weather-o and see what happens. check in tomorrow. let's plan on 9:30 am on sunday if it doesn't rain.

i've seen those bouldering clinics there - never went, but it would probably be fun. there is still a lot of unclimbed stuff there... i might get out there soon with a map and do a little scouting.

fasterthanliam

conditions

sourlands is in good shape. upper part is great . i just got back may go again tomorrow. then again i live in hillsborough and can ride my bike there.

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
lez do it - 9:30am tomorrow?

i feel like a shit clark...i went out with what is now i think a girlfriend and totally forgot it was EASTER..we are posta get rain this week so prob not gonna roll the dice i want to go there get a good tour (notonaholiday) wheb its dry and hard packed i hate soft dirt/mud it kills me

THATmanMANNY

fabulous

just fabulous

the rain from yesterday gave trails a soft touch and dry rocks are so fun!

I may even return tomorrow....

VanDbtRiver

nice! i'm heading out for a dawn patrol ride friday morning. can't wait.

conditions ruled today. tried to descend the blue bouldering trail, and nearly tore my sack. I'd be interested to hear about the dawn patrol ride... I have always wanted to get into an early AM routine at sourlands.

clarkenstein

JORBA.ORG
conditions ruled today. tried to descend the blue bouldering trail, and nearly tore my sack. I'd be interested to hear about the dawn patrol ride... I have always wanted to get into an early AM routine at sourlands.

i'll be heading out wheels down at 6:30. it'll be a casual pace probably with some stops to work some technical sections. :getsome: feel free to join!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions