Most current map?

In case you haven't been there before - you can no longer get to the park trails from the Limecrest parking lot. Other choice are the lots off of Goodale Rd., or one of the Sussex Branch Trail heads (Rt. 206 or Yates Ave for example) that lead into the park. Once you're in there, it's hard to get lost. PM me if you want a tour. I'm slow but know my way around :)

njkayaker

I think you can ride around the airport from Limecrest and sneak in over near the forest service on Rt 206.

SpartaBard

In case you haven't been there before - you can no longer get to the park trails from the Limecrest parking lot. Other choice are the lots off of Goodale Rd., or one of the Sussex Branch Trail heads (Rt. 206 or Yates Ave for example) that lead into the park. Once you're in there, it's hard to get lost. PM me if you want a tour. I'm slow but know my way around :)

Yes you can. If you head up the road there is an access road on the left just before you reach the airport fence. You can follow that to the end and catch a trail that will lead you all the way around the airport.

On the map you can see the trail near "Gardner's Pond" which appears to just end, when in fact it links up with that access road.

Good point. I've done that but didn't feel comfortable riding in the airport area but it's pretty quiet there and probably not a big deal.

ryderX

Good point. I've done that but didn't feel comfortable riding in the airport area but it's pretty quiet there and probably not a big deal.
Actually it is a big deal. Don't get caught because it'll ruin your day and it'll reflect poorly on the rest of the MTB riders who use the park.

SpartaBard

Actually it is a big deal. Don't get caught because it'll ruin your day and it'll reflect poorly on the rest of the MTB riders who use the park.

My impression is that using the trail that goes around the airport to the south from the Limecrest Lot is not "riding in the airport area" - you are still outside the fence, right?

Are you saying that we should avoid that trail or are you referring to riding in the actual airport area within the fence?

If I remember correctly, when you come around the end of Gardern's pond, you're in a grassy area in view of the airport and after the runway, but not that close. Looking at the map again, the trail seems to be outside of the pink "no public use" border. Not sure what that means. I'll just stick with the other lots.

njkayaker

It should be fine. The other direction the park even has a trail sign saying Limecrest parking lot or something like that

Top Bottom