It's called Candyass because...

...because y'er a candyass if you can't ride it. (rant begins here) If you're out there making the hard stuff easy, well, it was designed to be difficult. Instead of making the hard stuff easier, maybe you should be honing your skills at Deer Park, and ride Candyass when your skills match the trails. I look forward to the challenge that Candyass provides, and while I understand it's not everyone's cup of tea, I enjoy those death-defying drops. Maybe you could make a bailout or go-around instead of changing the line.

Of all the things Candyass needs, raking, scraping, clearing of sticks and downed trees and even marking, the last thing it needs is to be made easier. As someone who knows told me, Candyass is a different kind of riding that you really have to like. I'm just happy when I ride it without dabbing. Flames to follow, I'm sure. Saw a similar sentiment posted about Lumpy Bumpy.

Attachments

• shot0010.jpg
    shot0010.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 1,307
  • shot0010_2.jpg
    shot0010_2.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 1,227
  • shot0011.jpg
    shot0011.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 1,270
  • shot0012.jpg
    shot0012.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 1,287
  • shot0013.jpg
    shot0013.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 1,273
Last edited:

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So your saying that you cleaned all of candy without a dab, well then that's a feat only a very select few that I know of have. I never have out of shit ton of times over the years...

So your saying that you cleaned all of candy without a dab, well then that's a feat only a very select few that I know of have. I never have out of shit ton of times over the years...
Twice in two weeks, but never Lumpy Bumpy, which is annoying 'cause the 10-year-old I ride with has!

Doh! Qualifier; never did the skinny, don't even try it 'cause that skill's not in my trick bag, so I stand in shame. But all the ledges and hard ups and anything that involves a rock.

Last edited:

gtluke

The Moped
I did a no dab lumpy bumpy my last pass throuhh. That steep climb after the good stuff usually gets me, not last time though.

Top to bottom without stopping and no dabs? Very impressive...

Thank you. I really hit my stride after six weeks on friend's SS. I am riding better than ever before. Love, love, love the technical. Rollie Pollie has become child's play. I was humbled on Thanksgiving at Fugawe, but that place is a whole 'nother level.

Where did you take those pix from ? Looks like a fun track ..
Candyazzzzzz; first three; second drop off ledge, it's about a 2 foot drop, but it's downhill and it's a real pucker. Second two is a pedal up a small ledge then make a perpendicular left turn down the roll down.

What is Fugawe?
Sick technical trails on private property. Tons of work invested by owner. By invite only. He posted on here looking for people to share with, but there was very little interest. Nicest guy you could hope to meet. I know he was looking for people to ride at night. Bring your "A" game. Hope I haven't said too much. Keep it "fight club."

crash

It's actually "We're the Hekawi"

Great photos. the mooch has some great "flash" chutes. Too tough for me at times. I would end up, upside down and backwards on one or two or those drops. The I can't reach my bindings in the tree well affect on a powder day.

For wheels up to wheels down non stop action, check this stuff out just a few miles north of candy ass...

Attachments

• splitrock is lenni lenape for wtf.jpg
    splitrock is lenni lenape for wtf.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 936
I would end up, upside down and backwards on one or two or those drops.
I've seen that done at Ringwood, still clipped in and pedaling! It was hilarious and horrifying at the same time.
For wheels up to wheels down non stop action, check this stuff out just a few miles north of candy ass...
Yummy! I'd like to ride that. Maybe you could show me or tell me where that is?

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions