Lewis Morris Conditions

ebarker9

510 was blocked off around the Sunrise lot on Monday. I can't imagine it's a good scene, although there were people riding at some of the different Patriots Path locations.

handyman

just rode the race loop today a couple of big trees down by lake at end on singletrack and a couple elsewhere otherwise all rideable and dry only a few wet spots where it is usually wet, we parked where the path crosses the road just by the big hill climb before you get to park

joeschaar

Heading out after work today. Planning two loops of the race course (maybe one of the old course and one of this years course). Wheels rolling at 5pm.
Green Pickup. Friendly Cat2 pace. I am expecting to stop to clean up blow downs that can be done with bare hands.

All welcome.

Cheers,
"slow" Joe

bkaushansky

Tomorrow's ride - 9/1 is cancelled.

Lewis Morris is closed until this weekend due to Hurricane damage ("per county
parks"). In the meantime, please reach out to the local JORBA reps and volunteer
with trail maintenance.

All the best.
Boris

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Tomorrow's ride - 9/1 is cancelled.

Lewis Morris is closed until this weekend due to Hurricane damage ("per county
parks"). In the meantime, please reach out to the local JORBA reps and volunteer
with trail maintenance.

All the best.
Boris

Are you sure Boris? Morrisparks.net has a notice that certain parks are closed, but they don't have Lewis Morris listed. I assume you know better than I do though; maybe they just didn't update the page?

------------------------------------------

Important Notice

Certain Morris County Park Commission Facilities will be closed until further notice.

Bridal Path at Loantaka Park
Central Park of Morris County 5K Course
Cooper Grist Mill
Old Troy County Park
Passaic River County Park
Tourne County Park

Direct telephone numbers to specific facilities are on our Contact Us page.

joeschaar

I was planning on parking at the lot across the street from sunrise lake. However, if this thread determines that we are not allowed to ride. than this will cancel for me.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I called the park commission and left a message asking if it was open. I'll post up if I hear back.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeah they just called back and said it's closed, so I guess I went home and got my bike for nothing :p

Interestingly, they did say that the dog park is open.

handyman

funny its closed as we saw 1 biker, 6 dog walkers, 2 fishermen and no park staff all the trails are fine looks no worse than after a bit of usual rain

joeschaar

CRAP! JimN, thanks for double checking. Please follow this note as we are building a better relationship with Morris Co Parks commission. I am sure they will opne it soon as they can check it out. calling the number on the morrisparks web site should give the clarity needed.

I guess I'll ride the road bike around Boonton.

Until later.

Cheers,
"slow" Joe

p9group

I was hopeful and called a few minutes ago, but the women at the County office said today's notice stated 'closed' until further notice.
She told me it is a day by day status. Maybe tomorrow it will be open,
but she couldn't tell me for sure.
So at this point it we just have to call in each day to see if the park is open.

Damn, I was really looking forward to riding tonight.
Anyone from the Thursday night group have any alternative riding plans?

George

sasha

I was hopeful and called a few minutes ago, but the women at the County office said today's notice stated 'closed' until further notice.
She told me it is a day by day status. Maybe tomorrow it will be open,
but she couldn't tell me for sure.
So at this point it we just have to call in each day to see if the park is open.

Damn, I was really looking forward to riding tonight.
Anyone from the Thursday night group have any alternative riding plans?

George
No this closure is in effect for most of the Morris county parks. I plan to hit Ringwood this weekend.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
George!

Long time no see. Good to see you're still around, man.

p9group

George!

Long time no see. Good to see you're still around, man.

Hi Norm!
Yea, still hanging around- :D

I rediscovered the mtb this year, doing the Thursday night rides with Boris
and a bunch of great people. It has been great riding the trails.

How did you fare down in Millington?
I know the Passaic rose pretty high. You guys get flooded?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
How did you fare down in Millington?
I know the Passaic rose pretty high. You guys get flooded?

Surrounded on 4 sides by water but made it out dry, and mostly with power. So it wasn't so bad, except the cell tower hasn't been acting right.

p9group

Surrounded on 4 sides by water but made it out dry, and mostly with power. So it wasn't so bad, except the cell tower hasn't been acting right.

Well that is good to hear, it could have been much worse I am sure.
Confounded cell towers! Hopefully it all gets sorted out soon.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions