more weird stuff at 6mi

Dirtdog

Ran into a young couple in the 27 lot tonight.About 830pm.Spoke to the guy while he rode in a circle around me.This wasn't easy I was getting dizzy after awhile.He wanted to know if they could ride on the trails at night.I said I wasn't sure most parks are open dawn to dusk.I asked do you have a light it gets dark in there,Oh yea we have one.Off they go 50 feet later he crashes,on the little down hill 10 feet off the lot she helps him get up.They walk their bikes into the trails.What are they up to? Did anyone notice when you ride on the twisties,the area where a couple of squirals come over and almost greet you and scamper away.I never see another squiral except there.Maybe someone feeds them.Oh yea whats up, pun intended, with the heilocopter thats always flying overhead rather low.That place gives me the creeps.:scared::scared::scared:

...at night...
try getting lost in the twisties with a crappy light...on second thought...don't. On another occasion, I felt very close to death there one late winter afternoon...mid- to late December, on one of those "indian summer" days...Previously, that evening I had managed to make the various mistakes that lead to hypothermia: skipped dinner and didn't bring any bars with me, got my feet wet crossing the stream on my way back across S. Middlebush Rd., waited too long to get out of there when the temp dropped a several degrees into the high 40s, and was riding along. Panic ensued.

I think dirtdog has been on the puff puff pass with Ronc. These guys are smoking from the same pipe..... :D

Six Mile Run is full of fun surprises.

Another thing I found out.I tried to call my wife and tell her I'd be late.My cell phone doesn"t get reception in the middle of the trails.I ride alone so this was a wake up call or dropped call for me.I often wondered how I would explain where Iwas on a trail if the call actually got through.Half the time I don't where I am.I might be adding a flair gun to my pack.Is a gun permit needed?

no need for a flare gun; just beg the next person you see for directions. look extremely tired, ask for water, say you've been out for 3 hours, etc. someone will give the good deed of taking you back to the lot.

I heard there's a pit of left socks in the middle of this park. And planes often fly overhead and are never heard from again.

* Tagged as the run-on post of the day

Since we are on the subject ...what's with the suicidal chipmunks that seem to constantly throw themselves at your front wheel as if obsessed? Is someone feeding them crack?

Since we are on the subject ...what's with the suicidal chipmunks that seem to constantly throw themselves at your front wheel as if obsessed? Is someone feeding them crack?

there is certainly a problem with suicidal chipmunks here. And suicidal deer at CR...creepy.

that wooden horse on the white trail creeps me out. if its still out there. it was by that tire thing...

As well as that thing i call the bear cave right after crossing south middlebush...before fork in the trail...

I've never seen that creepy house that someone made a video of though...thankfully...

no need for a flare gun; just beg the next person you see for directions. look extremely tired, ask for water, say you've been out for 3 hours, etc. someone will give the good deed of taking you back to the lot.

Or...they may just grin and say "Sorry I can't help." Then later that day when you are near death those same people will return with shovels in hand. They will dig a ditch in the trail nearby, roll your body into the ditch and cover you back up. You will forever become just another "man made" mogul at six mile...

there is certainly a problem with suicidal chipmunks here. And suicidal deer at CR...creepy.

that wooden horse on the white trail creeps me out. if its still out there. it was by that tire thing...

As well as that thing i call the bear cave right after crossing south middlebush...before fork in the trail...

I've never seen that creepy house that someone made a video of though...thankfully...

I had a gopher try to kill itself in my wheel at 6 mile. Flipped me OTB and then ran off with a big f-you grin on its face.....I could see him....sadistic bastard.

I had a gopher try to kill itself in my wheel at 6 mile. Flipped me OTB and then ran off with a big f-you grin on its face.....I could see him....sadistic bastard.

Alex K hit a deer at Six Mile. He holds the championship belt for largest animal impacted.

If you need a flare gun in the state of NJ, I suggest never riding in Vermont or Pennsylvania or any other state for that matter. And never attempt to drive in West Virgina, you will die.

On second thought, it would be interesting to see what the local authorities have to say. The headlines would read "Lost mountain biker uses distress signal" So&so was lost in a patch of woods roughly the size of a walmart. When local rescuers found the individual he was curled up in a ball 20 yards from a toll booth and surrounded by rabid squirells.

Or, what if the flare dosnt clear the canopy of the 'forest' and you ignite the place, then your lost in the middle of an inferno. Yea, flareguns in the woods, very good idea.

Alex K hit a deer at Six Mile. He holds the championship belt for largest animal impacted.

i hate deers since that accident...

btw I meet the same pair yesterday around 9pm, they asked me how far they are from the pipeline. I saw them few times before and they are always smoking when I meet them

.I might be adding a flair gun to my pack.Is a gun permit needed?
You only need a permit to purchase a firearm not to possess one, but I'm not sure if NJ classifies flair guns as firearms. Alternatively, you can legally purchase in PA and come back with it.

Thanks for pointing that out,what was I thinking.Let me see a carrier pigeon?no! animal rights activestwould protest in the parking lot taking up valuble parking space.Sack of flour marking the trail ,No! enviromentalists would do the same.open two Quacker Oats canisters,tie a string to them,leave one in parking lot take one with you,Nah waste of food and I don't have that much string.I got it air horn ,safe for animals and the enviroment.It has a trigger like a gun and no fire or permit needed.YES!!!!!!!!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions