Kona's alive and back with the original owners

This is amazing!! Now we get to watch these 2 bozos run it into the ground a second time 🤣
For round Numbers, here is my guess of how this went.

Kent was money hungry to cash in on the covid bike boom, they pay 50 Million for kona.

Dan and Jake invest most of that 50 mil in high performing investments under a financial wiz. They grow that 50 million to 55-60 million.

They Buy back kona for 5-10 million. Basically they get it back an keep the 50 million.

Their troubles aren't over here, but they also have nothing to lose. Now they each have 25 mil in the bank and this becomes a passion project.

Kent was money hungry to cash in on the covid bike boom, they pay 50 Million for kona.

Dan and Jake invest most of that 50 mil in high performing investments under a financial wiz. They grow that 50 million to 55-60 million.

They Buy back kona for 5-10 million. Basically they get it back an keep the 50 million.

Their troubles aren't over here, but they also have nothing to lose. Now they each have 25 mil in the bank and this becomes a passion project.

Think they got the BOGO Deal?

Think they got the BOGO Deal?
They said no more BOGO but that doesn't mean they didn't get one themselves. Some of their line up is great, some other not so much. I've got my Konas because they were cheap, but I do love them now. I just purchased some branded swag because I thought they were going the way of the dodo...

If they can step it up like Marin, it would be great. Kona has always been single pivot suspension designs. Now that the FRS/ Hurst link design is no longer protected, it would be awesome to see them step it up with some new models. I would also love to see a big hit Enduro e bike from them. They are a PNW company.

If they can step it up like Marin, it would be great. Kona has always been single pivot suspension designs. Now that the FRS/ Hurst link design is no longer protected, it would be awesome to see them step it up with some new models. I would also love to see a big hit Enduro e bike from them. They are a PNW company.
Unfortunately, the factories they use will not send them anything new until they pay for and ship the old generation bikes that they’ve already built and are sitting in a warehouse somewhere

Based on this, we should see Bikes that look exactly like the 2023 Konas come to market as 2025 models perhaps 🤔?

Start out with $50M but only grow it by $10M leading up to this market? Yup, they’re fucked.

Back
Top Bottom