6 Mile Run Conditions

IMG_6998.jpegIMG_6997.jpegIMG_6996.jpegIMG_6995.jpegIMG_6994.jpeg

Still more slick than I’d like.

Gave the Nica race loop a haircut and cut out all the tree branches might poke your eye out.

Please ride this in on the regular. I’d like to make this a spot that we can take the superintendent on in the fall. Having it well ridden and well trimmed helps our case with the park

IMG_6998.jpeg

Just finished the white/red loop with little bit of NICA course thrown in. Condition was outstanding and not that many riders.

Also, there was a state policeman in Jacques lot who said be careful about leaving valueable items in he car like wallets etc. There seems to be a lot of vandalism going on.

Got turned around looking for the NICA course.

Attachments

• IMG_9693.png
    IMG_9693.png
    101.6 KB · Views: 30
View attachment 238619View attachment 238620View attachment 238621View attachment 238622View attachment 238623

Still more slick than I’d like.

Gave the Nica race loop a haircut and cut out all the tree branches might poke your eye out.

Please ride this in on the regular. I’d like to make this a spot that we can take the superintendent on in the fall. Having it well ridden and well trimmed helps our case with the park

View attachment 238619
@jdog i tried to ride the NICA section today by taking the right hand turn from red but once i made it through the woods the trail was not clear to me on the direction to take. The last time I remember riding the trail you had to take a right once you come out of the woods and an immediate left which brought you close to the bridge with a climb on the other side. Today I ended up taking and immediate left. Is my old recollection the right trail or the immediate left is the correct one?

Just finished the white/red loop with little bit of NICA course thrown in. Condition was outstanding and not that many riders.

Also, there was a state policeman in Jacques lot who said be careful about leaving valueable items in he car like wallets etc. There seems to be a lot of vandalism going on.

Got turned around looking for the NICA course.
How’s the bike?

How’s the bike?
Occam feels great. Did not have any issues going up or down. Took the counter clockwise route today white/red and I found it easier to ride compared to red/white. I will try red/white tomorrow and see how that goes.

The breaks are squealing a bit. Hopefully it will go away after couple of rides.

Occam feels great. Did not have any issues going up or down. Took the counter clockwise route today white/red and I found it easier to ride compared to red/white. I will try red/white tomorrow and see how that goes.

The breaks are squealing a bit. Hopefully it will go away after couple of rides.

If we were to brush hog a mile or so of trail, where would that be most effective??
Sure, I think it’s related to the reversal of flow do to the red closure as well… lots of opposing traffic that didn’t previously exist… all of your trimming was noticed and made a difference yesterday, only a handful of face slappers👍

Sure, I think it’s related to the reversal of flow do to the red closure as well… lots of opposing traffic that didn’t previously exist… all of your trimming was noticed and made a difference yesterday, only a handful of face slappers👍
The loss of that trail is significant and the impact was underestimated.

Conditions awesome today but I think the MTB community should agree on traffic in one direction being subordinated to traffic in opposite direction. So if you are required to subordinate, you are not chasing Strava PRs and you only go fast for as long as you see the trail ahead. A riders' etiquette would go a long way there.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions