Wildlife

Slept with the windows open last night and was woken up this morning to the sounds of a screaming fox in the neighbor's yard. My wife got up and looked and saw the fox was out there baiting a coyote to try and lead him away. She was afraid the fox was trying to protect its babies from the coyote, so she got in her car in her pajamas to drive around the block to try and scare the coyote away. Around the time she got over there, I saw the fox double back and pickup something dead from the yard and wander off. It was hard to tell through the window screen and fence, but it was maybe a possum, rabbit, or cat. So I guess the fox was able to outsmart the coyote and keep its breakfast.

Slept with the windows open last night and was woken up this morning to the sounds of a screaming fox in the neighbor's yard. My wife got up and looked and saw the fox was out there baiting a coyote to try and lead him away. She was afraid the fox was trying to protect its babies from the coyote, so she got in her car in her pajamas to drive around the block to try and scare the coyote away. Around the time she got over there, I saw the fox double back and pickup something dead from the yard and wander off. It was hard to tell through the window screen and fence, but it was maybe a possum, rabbit, or cat. So I guess the fox was able to outsmart the coyote and keep its breakfast.

Just go out with a flashlight and both will run away.

Heard a noise at the back door while watching TV the other night, turned the outside lights on and see this guy
20240515_222037.jpg
He was trying to steal the birdfood I have hanging on the door
20240515_222028.jpg
Didn't care in the least that I was banging on the door trying to scare him away, just kept trying until he got it, then sat there eating it 🤣

Back
Top Bottom